Further to my previous message, I am delighted to be able to confirm the 2012 Tour Calendar as agreed by your Board and as attached.
The observant amongst you will also notice that the Oom Prize structure has also been agreed and we are delighted to be able to announce the revised figures prior to the start of the tour.
The calendar clearly provides a very significant amount of advance notice for what I am sure you will all regard as key events – please therefore put the dates into calendars, electronic diaries, mobile phones or whatever…and also begin and follow-through any negotiations with others to make these events sacrosanct for your attendance next year. Donk – can you also please upload to the website asap please.
Event sponsors – please get thinking about venues, formats, prize structures, nominating proxy organisers and whatever else floats your boat to ensure that we ramp up the tour next year in preparation for the biggie in 2013. With this in mind, I am suggesting that you get your thinking caps on for change and innovation to your event formats next year, with my changes for The Gibbon prize structure attached.
This lad out movembered our star Idiot. (clicky for biggie)
|Sun 26th February||Spittle Shield||TBC by Captain||5 lads per boy|
|Sat 24th March||The Gibbon Invitational||The Welcombe, Stratford||5 lads per boy|
|Sat 14th April||PR Skins||TBC by PR||5 lads per boy|
|Sat 26th May||The Brissle Horn||TBC by Idiot||10 lads per boy|
|Sat 23rd June||Captain's Matchplay||TBC by Captain||5 lads per boy|
|Sat 21st July||President's Classic||The Warwickshire||10 lads per boy|
|Sat 11th August||The Web Donk Download||TBC by WD||5 lads per boy|
|Sat 15th September||The PEDRO Masters||TBC by PR||10 lads per boy|
|Friday 12th October||The Amy Austin||TBC by Juice||5 lads per boy|
|Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October||WHV Open||The Belfrey||20 lads per boy|
|Saturday 3rd November||The Spoonholder's Salver||TBC by Allsopp M||5 lads per boy|
|Saturday 1st December||The end of season social & AGM||TBC by Pres||NA|
1) Major events are the Brissle, the Presidents, the PEDRO & the WHV Open
2) All efforts have been made to ensure accuracy although dates and details are subject to change at the discretion of the Tour Director under the agreement of the WHVGS Board.
3) Minor Tournaments may be added to the Tour calendar as agreed by the Tour Director and the WHVGS Board.
4) Entrance fees will be used for event prize funds as well as additional WHVGS overheads approved by the Board. Such overheads may include although not be limited to future funding, tour clothing, beverage purchases and errant betting wagers. Competition green fees will remain the responsibility of individual competitors.
5) Prize fund denoted above shall be the fund allocated to the award of all standard prizes for the event although additional prizes can be funded by others at the discretion of the sponsor and the WHVGS Board.
OoM Prize Structure:
1st - £25
2nd - £15
3rd - £10